As a 501c(3) Corporation, the Frostburg Soccer Club (FSC) is affiliated with the Maryland State Youth Soccer Association (MSYSA), an affiliate of the United States Youth Soccer Association (USYSA) division of the United States Soccer Federation (USSF).
A. To promote and further develop the game of soccer.
B. To organize and promote the game of soccer within the Club’s service area.
C. To participate in soccer competition consistent with the principles and laws of the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), the United States Soccer Federation (USSF), United States Youth Soccer Association (USYSA), Maryland State Youth Soccer Association (MSYSA), and US Club Soccer.
D. To teach and train players and coaches.
E. To teach, through the game of soccer, sportsmanship, physical health, and mental alertness.
To be the premier soccer club in our area.
Photo by Kevin Wallace
Frostburg Soccer Club exists to promote and teach the sport of soccer by fielding teams that provide the highest level of competition while creating the opportunity for each player to develop to their fullest potential.
• Champions of Character: If all we do is teach soccer, we have missed a great opportunity.
• We hold these above all else as our core values: respect, integrity, responsibility, leadership, and sportsmanship.
• Respect: For the game and our stakeholders – self, teammates, coaches, officials, opponents, and spectators.
• Integrity: Doing right regardless of cost or outcome. Integrity will not be sacrificed.
• Responsibility: To faith, family, school, club, team, and self through conduct in both word and deed.
• Leadership: Recognizing we are ambassadors of the game and our actions serve as a reflection of our club, community, and state.
• Sportsmanship: The visible expression of our core values to the community regardless of the outcome of the game.
Exciting things are continuing to evolve to even more enhance the “FSC Experience”! We have partnered with the Fury Soccer Club (Morgantown, WV), and have added Kernell Borneo (President, Fury Soccer Club) as the new Technical Director for FSC.
Photo by Kari Cook
As part of the uniqueness of our club, our leaders, coaches, players and parents fully promote a family-friendly atmosphere. We refer to it as the “FSC Family”, and this is a theme that you will often hear expressed by our members. The family approach is so important to our organizers that one of the FSC goals is that the Club will offer rewarding and fun social activities for our FSC players and their families. Our social activities are geared toward the entire family and parents, grandparents and siblings are welcomed and encouraged to participate. For FSC, team bonding takes place both on and off the field!
Photo by Kari Cook
FSC has earned a great reputation with our members because of the high-level of communication that we have with our families. We strive to keep everyone informed, and we also place great value on what our families communicate back to us. Since the formation of our Club, we have actively responded to feedback and suggestions from our members, and we will continue to do so as we strive to provide our players a unique and enhanced Club Experience. We believe that communication is a key factor for our Club to be successful, and we strongly believe that the best communication involves the give-and-take of ideas.
While FSC does indeed stand for the Frostburg Soccer Club, it also stands for Family, Soccer, and Communication.